Understand human behaviour using digital data: Balancing the benefits and dangers
There are vast amounts of data generated every second of every day by people continually interacting with digital platforms. These interactions can provide powerful insights to understand people and changes in behaviour. But, there are dangers of using digital data to understand human behaviour and drawing conclusions about your audience from it.
In this session, we’ll explore why:
– We should look to understand how digital behaviours and impacting real-world behaviours.
– Digital data can provide new ways to understand behaviour.
– Drawing conclusions from the numbers alone can create challenges.
– New skills, beyond traditional data analysis, are needed to interpret digital data.
– We need to understand regulation and consent around data collection.
Katie Hillier Chief Digital Anthropologist LiiV Center
Marianne Taudiere Vice President of EMEA Netbase Quid
Adrienne Barnes Founder Best Buyer Persona
Hussein Kesvani Journalist